Refrigeration/Sterilization Technicians, under general supervision, supports the operations of the Service Department both in the field and in the shop. Supports colleagues whenever necessary in an effort to promote Company-wide efficiency. Employment type: Full-time, hourly-non-exempt, non-contract, some weekends/on-call required.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Perform repairs, preventative maintenance, installations, and shop infrastructure work as needed.
- Assist other technicians and staff as needed. Work may include pick-up and delivery of equipment, field service, shop service/repairs, calibration, and preventative maintenance of refrigerated (and some non-refrigerated) scientific equipment related to the operations of our clients include; sterilizers/autoclaves, washers, ovens, test chambers, freeze dryers/lyophilizers and various refrigerated pieces.
- Provides support for servicing customers’ specialty equipment in shop.
- Previous field service experience desired
- Former big box store HVAC service experience is highly desirable
- Solid understanding of basic electricity concepts
- Refrigeration experience/knowledge a must
- Sterilization experience a definite plus
- Solid experience with hand tools and good knowledge of their uses
- Good understanding of mechanical functions and logic
- EPA certification a plus
- Refrigeration or related trade school certification is a high plus
- Strong technical skills and troubleshooting ability
- Ability to read schematics and follow directions
- Basic computer skills required
- Electronic work order completion
- Minimum of 2 years successful refrigeration and sterilization experience required